Monday, July 03, 2006

Why You Would Want to Live Here...

The benefits of renting one's living quarters from one's nextdoor neighbors, who moonlight as one's near, dear friends are many. Some are obvious: Cheap rent, shared wireless internet, access to each other's extensive and electic iTunes libraries, the cup of laundry detergent when you discover you're out, and the assurance your cats will be fed with little more than a phone call when you can't make it home on time.

Others are less so. Like homemade, organic, vegan pesto from the basil in the backyard.

This is only a month or so old. Last summer, we had a veritable cash crop by August.


This designer blender brought to you courtesy of the free section of Craig's List.


Penne with soysage and pesto. Badass. My crapass camera seemed to think the chair was more interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I read this and wonder, what are the benefits of renting in the house I live in? I would love to have a garden for basil...but our downstairs neighbors would undoubetly ruin it somehow....now..if only some tasty meal could be made of basement mold, old beer bottles, wet ash trays, and an old tire. Yum.

Joshua said...

Well, and then I wonder "Why do I live by myself, when I could shack up with page 27 of the Lands End catalog?".

It's all relative, I suppose.